Steak Modena Insalata
Chef Gregg Reiter | Reinhart Knoxville
- 8 oz flat iron steak
- 3 oz lemon sorrel and arugula
- 3 oz balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 oz roasted red peppers, rough cut
- 1 oz shaved parmesan
- 1 tsp Northwood steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Remove steak from cooler, oil with extra virgin olive oil, season with Northwood seasoning, and let rest at room temperature for 5 minutes to 7 minutes.
- Place on hot char grill, grilling for 3 minutes to four minutes. On each side, remove and allow to rest for 3 minutes to 4 minutes.
- Place greens in mixing bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, ladle balsamic dressing over and toss.
- Place salad greens on plate, spread roasted red peppers. Slice steak on bias, lay it over salad, toss with shaved parmesan.