Steak Frite Sliders
- 4 ounces Teres Major chuck shoulder
- Red wine
- 2 ounces red onion
- 1/8 ounce steak seasoning
- 1 ounce extra hot horseradish
- 1 ounce heavy-duty mayonnaise
- 3 ounces mini pretzel slider buns
- 3 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 4 ounces shoestring fries, ¼ inch
- Clean Teres Major. Marinate in red wine, garlic, salt and pepper overnight.
- Slice and caramelize red onions.
- Dry Teres Major. Season well with the steak seasoning. Sear in a cast-iron skillet. Each side must have a crust. Let rest.
- While the beef is resting, deep fry the shoestring fries until crispy.
- Toast the pretzel buns.
- Mix the horseradish and mayonnaise together for sauce.
- Slather the bottom of 3 buns with sauce. Thinly slice the Teres Major on the bias, and layer slices on the bottom bun. Top with crumbled gorgonzola, caramelized red onions, and shoestring fries. Skewer to serve.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Beef, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Sandwiches