Spring Pork Loin
Chef David Quick | Reinhart Knoxville
- 6 oz pork loin, boneless
- 3 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz extra light amber honey
- 1 ea lemon, fresh
- ½ parsley, freshly trimmed
- 3 ea whole garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp smoked Serrano salt
- ¼ ea green onion
- ¼ Tbsp Aleppo pepper, crushed
- 4 oz red and purple fingerling potatoes
- ½ oz mixed chard microgreens
- 2 oz tri-color carrots
- Make your rub, starting with the pork loin. Combine some of the honey, Aleppo pepper, oil and Serrano salt. Rub pork loin down and allow to marinate, up to four hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Next, take loin and put a hard sear on it (for a crust). Pull off and place on sheet pan going directly into the cooler. Don't forget to cover it.
- While this is cooling, start bright pesto by placing green onions on a grill to heat quickly. If using flat top, use oil to help blister them, throw garlic in as well, then pull off and place in Vitamix or blender and add parsley. Blend until paste forms, then add oil and lemon juice. Place off to side.
- Cut potatoes and carrots in long ways. Toss in bowl with remaining oil and a pinch of Serrano salt and garlic. Place on sheet tray and place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Pull out and cool for service. Slice pork loin to 6 ozs, about a thumb and pinky width. Place on flat top or grill and heat the remaining way through. Take potatoes and place in small sauté pan and either place in oven or sauté in small amounts of oil to heat through.
- For plating, place potatoes on bottom of the plate. Add microgreens to side of it and top with pork loin, then drizzle bright pesto on top with a few more microgreens.