Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
Recipe by Chef Jeff Merry, Boston Division
A classic steakhouse-style spinach salad with an absolutely delectable warm bacon dressing! This meal may look fancy, but it's simple to prepare and packed with a double dose of protein in the hardboiled egg and bacon.
- 5 slices Thick slice Applewood Bacon
- 1 ½ tsp Finely diced shallots
- ½ C Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Super fine sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 C Fresh, cleaned spinach
- 2 C Baby Bella mushrooms
- ½ Red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Hardboiled egg, sliced
- Cook bacon until crisp, remove, drain and chop.
Using 2 Tbsp of reserved bacon fat, sauté shallots, then add vinegar, sugar, mustard and
- Worcestershire sauce and whisk together. Add bacon.
- Place spinach, mushrooms and sliced onions in large bowl. Toss with dressing and garnish with sliced eggs.