Spinach Florentine Stuffed Breakfast Tacos
Recipe Provided by Mission Foods
- 5 6” Heat Pressed San Pablo® Flour Tortillas
- 5 6” Red Corn Tortillas
- 2 1/2 oz Creamed Spinach, prepared
- 1 tsp Liquid Butter
- 5 each Whole Eggs, large
- 3 oz Canadian Bacon, diced
- 2 oz Swiss Cheese , shredded
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Bring tortillas to room temperature. Place red corn tortillas in taco frying basket. Place in fryer until bubbling subsides. Remove red corn tortillas from fryer and drain. Hold warm for service.
- Mix well until the flour mixture has coated all the ingredients. Add the vegetable broth and heat until a thickened gravy has formed. Remove from heat, add Oaxaca cheese, and store refrigerated. Place 4 oz. of the empanada filling on one half of the tortilla and brush the edges with egg wash. Fold the empty half of the tortilla over, forming an empanada. Using a fork, gently crimp the edges.
- Pre-heat fryer to 350°F. Place empanada in the fryer and fry for 3-4 minutes or until the outside is crispy and the inside is hot. Serve with¼ cup of Cumin-Cilantro Crema.
- Servings: 5 tacos
- Type: Breakfast, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 7 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2019
- Tags: Breakfast, Entrée, Mexican