Southern Flank w/Roasted Butternut Squash
Chef Greg Reiter | Reinhart Knoxville • Johnson city
- 2 lbs Beef Flank Steak Premium Refrigerated, Cleaned and trimmed
- 2 Tbsp Sugar Brown Light Cane
- 2 Tbsp Sugar Granulated Cane Extra Fine, Import
- 2 Tbsp Coffee Ground Colombian Supreme Portion Pack Packet With Filter
- 1 Tbsp Paprika Ground
- 1 Tbsp Salt Seasoning All Purpose
- 1 Tbsp Pepper Black Coarse Grind 12 Mesh
- 1 Tbsp Pepper Cayenne Ground Red
- 1 Tbsp Seasoning Ancho Chili
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Granulated
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Seed Ground
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander Ground
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard Seed Ground Flour
- 2 Tbsp Oil Olive Extra Virgin in Tin
- 2 Tbsp Oil Olive Extra Virgin In Tin
- 2 lbs Squash Butternut, Julienned and Peeled
- 1/2 Pint Tomato Grape Bulk Fresh
- 3 Tbsp Butter Solid, Unsalted Sweet Cream
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon Ground Korintje
- 1 Tbsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 2 oz Arugula Wild Fresh, Rough chop for garnish
- Rub flank with extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix together all dry ingredients for rub, then rub aggressively into flank meat, making sure to work rub into the meat. Let stand room temp 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator. Grill flank on char grill 5-7 minutes from room temp on each side. Let rest/stand for 2 minutes, slice thin on bias, serve.
- Parboil butternut squash until al dente, drain/dry. In heated large saute pan, place EVOO, add squash, sprinkle with cinnamon, toss for 2 minutes until good sear/roast starts to take place. Then add rinsed/dried grape tomatoes continue to toss, sprinkling with kosher salt, top with butter.
- Place pan in 375° F oven for 4–5 mins , until nice roast on squash, and tomatoes appear blistered. Plate angled across steak and garnish with arugula.
No video selected.