Smoked Chipotle Lime Chicken
- 12 Ea Chicken Thigh No Bone or Skin Raw Controlled Vacuum Packaged Refrigerated
- 7 oz Pepper Chipotle, 1 can
- 2 oz Seasoning Barbecue, 1/4 cup
- 3 Tbsp Oil Olive Extra Virgin In Tin
- 1/2 C Cilantro Wash and Trim Coriander Cello Fresh
- 2 Tbsp Juice Lime 100% Refrigerated
- 10 oz Apple Butter
- 2 C Cheese Goat Plain Tub Refrigerated
- 12 Ea Biscuit Buttermilk Fully Baked 2.25 Ounce
- Add peppers, bbq rub, EVO, lime juice, and 1/4 cup cilantro to the blender. Blend till semi-smooth.
- Trim thighs up.
- Place thighs in 4 inch deep 1/2 pan and pour over marinade, making sure to work in well to each thigh. Cover with plastic and place in cooler 6-8 hours.
- Remove from cooler allow to rest room temp for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Place in preheated smoker @225 degrees for 1 - 1.5 hours, or until internal thigh meat temperature reaches 165.
- Bake biscuits according to directions.
- Slice and spread insides with apple butter, place chicken thigh on top of bottom of biscuit top with goat cheese crumbles, garnish with few cilantro leaves top with biscuit top.
- Servings: 12
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Chicken, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican