Sicilian Steak Sandwich
- 1 1/2 ounces VILLA FRIZZONI® sauce Marinara chunky gluten free
- 1 each egg shell on white large grade aa loose pack refrigerated, whisked with 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces New York Strip 14-oz. steak select angus no tail 1180A fresh to frozen - close to date/moved to freezer
- 1 each hoagie bun Italian 6" baked slice split top retail frozen
- 3 ounces bread crumb panko Japanese coarse
- 2 ounces flour all purpose hotel & restaurant bleached enriched
- 1/2 tablespoon cheese Parmesan grated imported tub, refrigerated
- 1/4 ounce COBBLESTREET MARKET® cheese Provolone 22 slice .75 oz. non-smoked interleaf, refrigerated
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning Italian coarse
- 1/8 ounce arugula lemony sorrel leaves organic
- Pound the steak thin.
- Mix the Italian seasoning with the flour and dredge the steak in the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and dip the steak in the egg wash, then finally into the panko breadcrumbs. Be sure the steak is well coated.
- Place the steak in a deep fryer for approximately 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top the steak with the Marinara, Provolone and grated Parmesan cheese and melt in a salamander or oven.
- Serve on a toasted bun with the lemon arugula.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Beef, Dinner, Entrée, Italian, Lunch, Sandwiches