- 2 Tbsp Finely Minced Onion
- 1 Tbsp Finely Minced Red Bell Pepper
- 6 oz White Shrimp, rough chopped
- 1/3 C Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Chives
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- TT Salt & Pepper
- 1 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 C Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Buttermilk
- Combine onion, shrimp, cream cheese, zest, bell pepper and chives in a bowl; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients; flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl. Whisk in the buttermilk until smooth.
- Working in batches, measure 1 heaping tablespoon shrimp mixture, roll into a ball, and drop into batter. Make sure to coat completely. Remove from the batter and allow to slightly drain off excess batter.
- Lower beignets into fryer oil. Fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and season with salt and serve with Remoulade sauce. For the recipe go to: rfsdelivers.com/thedish.
- Optional plating: Plate on an oblong plate with a pool of sauce under a series of 4 beignets with grilled lemons for garnish.