Short Rib Roast
Chef Mark Smith | Reinhart Shreveport
- 10 oz Beef Short Rib Boneless Braised Average
- 4 oz Carrot Jumbo Fresh Carton
- 6 oz Red Potatoes
- 2 oz Onion Red Jumbo Fresh Carton
- 1 oz Pea Sweet Mixed Sieve Extra Standard
- 1/4 oz Rosemary Fresh
- 1 oz Garlic Whole Peeled
- 1/4 oz Salt Coarse Kosher
- 1/4 oz Pepper Black Coarse Grind 12 Mesh
- 1 oz Oil Olive Pomace Import
- 1/2 Each Celery Stalk 36 Size Fres
- Begin by thoroughly washing all vegetables. Parboil red potatoes. Cut into wedges. Cut carrots on the bias and parboil with potatoes. Cut onion in large dice. Cut celery on bias. Toss all vegetables except peas with Olive Oil, Rosemary, Garlic, Salt, and Pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 450°F. While vegetables are roasting, place sealed bag of Short rib in boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove bag and cut open. Reserve all demi. Shred short rib in large strands. Toss vegetables with peas in demi and season to taste.
- Plate vegetables with short rib stacked on top. Garnish with Rosemary sprig.