Short Rib Gnocchi
- 24 oz Fully Cooked Prairie Creek® Short Ribs
- 18 oz Potato Gnocchi, Frozen
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 C Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Dry Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1½ C Sliced Mushrooms
- ½ C Fresh Minced Onions
- ½ C Frozen Sweet Peas (Thawed)
- ½ tsp White Truffle Oil
- ¼ C Premade Gremolata
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- ¼ C Grated Romano Cheese
- Warm the half and half over low heat until ready to incorporate into the sauce. Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium low heat and sweat the minced onions and garlic until soft and "translucent". Add flour and stir for 2 mins to create a roux. Slowly whisk the warmed half and half into the roux. Bring to a soft boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 mins. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and chill.
- Heat the short ribs and encased liquid over medium low heat in a medium sauce pan with a lid or foil. Cover until it reaches 165°F.
- Saute mushrooms until browned and softened Reduce heat and add ½ cup of cream sauce to pan. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Whisk in a drop of truffle oil. Add 1 tablespoon of peas.
- Drop 3 oz of frozen gnocchi in boiling water for 90 seconds. Remove gnocchi from water and shake off excess moisture.
- Pour into gnocchi pasta bowl or plate. Top with mushroom cream sauce. Top gnocchi with 3-4 oz short ribs. Top short ribs with 2 tsp gremolata.
- Garnish with drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of Romano cheese and fresh parsley.