Chef Lou Rice | Reinhart division chef, Springfield, Mo.
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, rough chopped
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms, rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup fresh cabbage, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup green onion, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- Shredded green cabbage
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for browning
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp green onion, minced
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat the first amount of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in mushrooms and cabbage and cook until soft. Stir in garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil and green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow filling to cool. Fill a small bowl with water. Place about one tablespoon of mushroom filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in the bowl of water and moisten two sides of the wrapper, fold over into a triangle and pinch along the edge to form a seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers. Heat second amount of oil in pan. Fry pot stickers until they are golden brown on both sides. Serve with dipping sauce on a bed of shredded cabbage.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a sealable container and shake until well mixed. Set aside for later service.
No video selected.