Seafood Veracruz Style
- 1/2 oz Butter Solid Grade Aa Salted Sweet Cream Zero Grams Trans Fat
- 1/2 oz Oil Vegetable
- 8 oz Rice Medium Grain Pon Lai
- 3 oz Onion White Peeled Fresh
- 4 oz Tomatoes Oven Roasted
- 1 1/4 lb Juice Clam Ocean Canned
- 8 oz Tilapia Fillet 3-5 Ounce Shallow Skinned Individually Quick Frozen, cut into 1" chunks
- 8 oz Shrimp White Raw 31-40 Peeled Tail Off Individually Quick Frozen
- 4 oz Octopus Tentacles 4.2-5.6 Ounce Fully Cooked Frozen
- 8 oz Clam in Shell 17-22 Count Cooked Vacuum Pack Frozen
- 5 oz Scallop Bay Dry 30-40 Adductor Muscle Only Individually Quick Frozen Farmed
- In a heavy wall sauté pan, heat oil, then add butter.
- Add rice, garlic and onion and cook, keeping stirring mixture until rice starts to brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes, continue cooking till fully incorporated by the rice.
- Add clam juice and seafood and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until all liquid has been absorbed by the rice.