Scalloped Potatoes with Butter Buds®
Number of portions: 50
Size of portion: 1/2 Cup
- Raw Potatoes 8 lb, 3oz
- Buttermist® Spray
- Butter Buds® dry mix 3/8 cup, 1 tsp
- Warm Water, 1 ½ cup, 1 tbsp
- Onions, chopped 14 1/8 oz
- Wheat Flour 7 oz
- Nonfat Dry Milk, reconstituted3 qt. 3 ½ cup
- Salt 2 tbsp, ¼ tsp
- Pepper½ tbsp
- Peel and thinly slice fresh potatoes. Using 2 steam table pans (12”x20”x2 1/2” ea), place 1/2 potatoes into each pan which has been lightly coated with Buttermist® Spray
- Combine Butter Buds dry mix and hot water in saucepan. Stir until well blended. Add onions and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Blend in flour and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until golden brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Slowly stir in milk, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes (optional).
- Blend well and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, 10-15 minutes.
- Continue to bake at 190° F for 30 minutes
Calories 154 kcal, Iron 0.87 mg, Protein 9.40 g, 13.47% Calories from protein, Cholesterol 3.79 mg, Calcium 271.53 mg, Carbohydrates 29.56 g, 80.98% Calories from carbohydrates, Sodium 444.06 g, Vitamin A 5.00 IU, Total Fat 0.27 g, 1.08% Calories from trans-fat, Carbohydrates 29.56 g, Vitamin A 1.07 RE, Saturated Fat 0.13 g, 0.41% Calories from saturated fat, Dietary Fiber 1.89 g, Vitamin C 17.12 mg, Trans Fat¹ *0.00* g, *N/A*% Calories from trans-fat, Ash¹ 3.31 g.
Note: *N/A*- denotes a nutrient that is either missing or incomplete for an individual ingredient