Saucy Pizza Pockets
- 1/3 pound Eagle Ridge® Pork Italian Sausage (Item# 51532)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup Villa Frizzoni® Chunky Marinara Sauce (Item# 12072)
- 1 16.3-oz package refrigerated biscuits
- 2/3 cup Villa Frizzoni® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (Item# 61676)
- 16 slices Villa Frizzoni® Pepperoni (Item# 18862)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place sausage and garlic salt in large skillet over medium-high heat; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in marinara sauce and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Flatten each biscuit into a 4-inch circle. Spoon 1 tablespoon of meat sauce onto one side of the biscuit. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cheese and top with 2 slices of pepperoni. Fold dough over the filling, forming a half-moon shape. Pinch edges to seal well. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.