- 2 C Corn Masa Harina
- 1/2 Tsp Salt Table Iodized
- 3/4 C water
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder Tub
- 6 Tbsp Oil Salad Liquid Soybean Trans Fat Free
- 2 C Cabbage Green 1/8" Shred With Color Separate Fresh
- 4 Ea Lime Persian 200 Size Fresh
- 1/2 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 4 oz Tomato Round Red 5X6 Extra Large Stage 5 Light Red Fresh, small diced
- 2 Ea Avocado Halves Hass Fresh, half
Chicken En Escabeche (4 servings)
- 4 Ea Chicken Thigh No Bone or Skin Raw Controlled Vacuum Packaged Refrigerated
- 2 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 2 Tsp Pepper Black Ground Regular Grind 30 Mesh
- 1/2 C Oil Olive Pomace Import, divided
- 1 Ea Pepper Chili Jalapeno Fresh, thinly sliced
- 6 Ea Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130 Cnt/lb Fresh, cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Ea Onion Red Jumbo Carton Fresh, julienned
- 1 Ea Carrot Jumbo Eastern Fresh, thinly sliced on bias
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 1/2 Tsp Coriander Ground
- 2/3 C Vinegar Red Wine
- 1/2 C water
- Juice the limes and toss the cabbage with the lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Place the masa harina, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Using your hands, gradually add the water, mixing until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into either 12, then roll these into perfect balls. Flatten each ball between two pieces of plastic, pressing down evenly to form round discs. A tortilla press can be used if available.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium flame. When hot enough, drop 2 to 3 pastry discs into the oil and let it cook for about 2 minutes before flipping over. Drain on paper towel lined plate.
- To assemble, lay the fried tortillas flat on a plate or board. Top each with the lime marinaded cabbage and then the chicken en escabeche. Be sure to include some of the vegetables with the shredded chicken en the escabeche. Finish by garnishing with diced tomato and sliced avocado.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Chicken, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican
No video selected.