Roasted Tomato Capellini
- 2 ½ lbs Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp Coarse Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 lb Capellini Pasta, 10" Cut Angel Hair
- 1 ea Lemon, zest only
- 2 Tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Basil, chiffonade
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, Chopped
- 2 oz Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- 1 C Feta Cheese Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Open can of whole tomatoes. Drain and discard the juice. Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise and spread, cut side up, on a parchment lined sheet pan. Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Roast in the oven until caramelized, about 1¼ hours.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the capellini until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Toss with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add roasted tomatoes and any pan juices. Cook over low heat until hot all the way through. Add the crumbled feta, parsley, basil and half the Pecarina Romano.
- Use a meat fork to twist a nest of the Roasted Tomato Angel hair pasta in the middle of the plate or in a large serving bowl if serving family style.
- Garnish plate with remaining Pecarina Romano and additional herbs if desired. Serve with Tilapia Franchaise.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Italian, Lunch, Side