Roasted Salmon with Crispy Gnocchi and Wilted Spinach
Chef Kevin Nash, Division Chef, Eastern Pennsylvania
- 1 oz Atlantic salmon, no bone or skin
- 8 oz spinach
- 5 oz potato gnocchi, frozen
- 3 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 oz balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz orange sections
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Brush salmon with olive oil and garlic (season with salt and pepper). On a slicer, thinly slice orange and shingle over the flesh side of salmon. Cook gnocchi in boiling water for eight minutes to 10 minutes; pat dry. Reserve. Take two tablespoons of oil and sauté spinach in a pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- On roasting pan, place salmon in oven for eight minutes. With remaining oil, pan fry gnocchi and season with slivered basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. To plate, place gnocchi in center of plate and place salmon on top, then place wilted spinach on top.