Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce w/Anchovy
- 3 Tbsp VILLA FRIZZONI® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3-5 VILLA FRIZZONI Anchovies
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1½ C Red Wine
- 4 C VILLA FRIZZONI Roasted Red Peppers
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika (optional)
- ½ tsp Cayenne or Hot Paprika
- Grated Cheese (parmesan, pecorino, manchego, etc.)
- TT Fresh Parsley, minced
- Drain the canned peppers and rinse them in cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute until the onion is tender and translucent. Season gently with salt. Add the garlic and parsley to the onions and continue to cook for an additional 1 minute. Add the tomato paste, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the red wine and deglaze. Reduce the wine mixture by half over medium heat. Once reduced, add the red peppers and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cooked sauce to a blender and puree on high until smooth. Do not fill the blender completely as the heat will cause the sauce to expand. Process the sauce in batches until smooth.
- Return the blended sauce to the pan and simmer over medium-low heat. Season with salt, cayenne and smoked paprika.
- Serve with your favorite VILLA FRIZZONI Italian Pasta.