Beet Caprese with Dark Balsamic Pickle Relish
- 3/4 ounce beet baby red peeled 1" top refrigerated (#KG766)
- 3 ounces VILLA FRIZZONI® cheese Mozzarella fresh log Cryovac, refrigerated (#12626)
- 1 1/2 ounces vinegar balsamic Modena 16.9 ounce (#KM884)
- 1 ounce oil olive extra virgin (#09387)
- 2 ounces relish pickle dill plastic (#20198)
- Oil the beets and salt and pepper them. Roast them in a shallow pan covered with aluminum foil for 2 hours or until tender.
- Once cooked through, peel the skin off and reserve.
- Cut the Mozzarella log horizontally to form a bed.
- Score the cheese and place on the plate. Arrange cut pieces of the beets on top.
- Blend the pickle relish with reduced vinegar and drizzle around the plate.