Chef David Cunningham | Reinhart valdosta
- 6 ea boneless, skinless redfish fillet
- ½ C trans fat-free soybean salad liquid oil
- ½ C enriched, bleached all-purpose flour
- 2 ea jumbo yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 ea green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ea medium pascal celery, chopped
- 4 ea whole peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ea can diced tomatoes with green chile, drained
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 3 ea whole sweet bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp crab base
- 2 C water
- ¼ C green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper sauce
- 1 ea Valencia orange, juiced
- ½ tsp whole tarragon leaves
- First make a roux for the court-bouillon. In a heated, heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour the oil. Whisk in the flour. Cook over moderate heat while stirring constantly until the flour becomes a deep brown and has a nutty aroma. Do that for about I5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Add celery, bell pepper and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook until softened. Add spices and crab base and cook for 2 minutes to toast. Stir in tomatoes and 2 cups of water. Season with Worcestershire and Tabasco. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 300 F. Heat a small amount of oil in a roasting pan. Season redfish fillets with salt and pepper. Brown the top side of the fillet in the oil. Turn and then smother in the court-bouillon. Place in the oven and cook until fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with dressing or over white rice.
No video selected.