For Vegetable Mixture:
- 8 oz Squash Zucchini Fancy/Medium Fresh, julienned
- 8 oz Squash Yellow Straight Fresh, julienned
- 8 oz Carrot Fresh, julienned
- 5 oz Mushroom Large #1 Fresh, sliced thin
- 4 oz Arugula Wild Fresh
- 4 oz Cheese Parmesan Shaved Refrigerated
- 4 oz Parsley Italian Fresh
- 2/3 oz Caper Nonpareil Import Plastic Bottle
- 2 oz Oil Roasted Garlic
- 1/8 oz Salt Table Iodized Bulk
- 1/8 oz Pepper Black Grind Regular 30 Mesh
- 3 oz Basil Fresh
For Pea Pesto:
- 8 oz Green Peas
- 2 oz Butter Blend 60/40 Solid, Salted
- 1/8 oz Salt Table Iodized, Pinch
- 3 oz Extra Virgin Oil Olive, In Tin
- 1/2 oz White Truffle Oil
For Red Pepper Coulis:
- 12 oz Red Bell Pepper, Medium
- 1 1/2 oz Extra Virgin Oil Olive, In Tin
- 4 oz Shallot, Whole, Peeled
- 1/2 oz Vinegar Sherry Classic All Natural
- Vegetable Mixture: Gently toss vegetables with arugula, cheese and herbs. Mix in oil, capers, salt and pepper.
- Pea Pesto: Cook and shock 1 cup fresh peas in salted water. Puree with 2 tablespoons each of melted butter, water, truffle oil, olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pinch of cayenne. Push through sieve.
- Red Pepper Coulis: Cut peppers in half, roast in oven 25 minutes, peel skin, add to mixer and add olive oil, shallot, and vinegar and puree until very smooth.
- To plate, smear pea pesto in a half-circle on one side of plate. Gently mold vegetable mixture on the plate, slightly covering the pesto. On the other side, squirt several dots of red pepper coulis.