Pulled Pork Taco Salad
Recipe Provided by Smithfield
- 1 (16-oz.) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 (16-oz.) jar reduced sodium thick ‘n chunky salsa
- 16 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- Butter flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 2 lb. Pulled Pork
- 2 (1.25-oz.) envelope salt-free taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 cups chopped or shredded lettuce
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 lb. shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- Combine sour cream and salsa in container; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Spray tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Bake or microwave into taco bowl shape.
- Combine pork, taco seasoning mix and water; heat through.
- To make salad, fill one bowl with 1 cup lettuce, 2 oz. heated pork, 1/4 tomato, 1/4 bell pepper and 1 oz. cheese. Serve with 2 oz. nonfat salsa dressing.
- Servings: 16
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 7 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2019
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Pork, Salad