Prairie Creek® Curry Short Rib
Chef Greg Reiter | Reinhart Knoxville • Johnson city
- 1-1/2 lbs Prairie Creek Beef Chuck Short Rib
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Oil Olive
- 3 Tbsp Onion Yellow, Small diced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Root
- 3 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/8 oz Bay Leaves Whole Sweet, 1 each bay leaf
- 1 C Milk Coconut
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold Potato, Peel & cut in 2" pieces
- 4 C Jasmine Rice, Steamed
- Remove short rib from package. Save jus from bag. Season with curry powder.
- Heat EVOO in braising pot, add onion (cook until tender), add garlic and ginger. Add short rib and sear on all sides. Cook until garlic begins to brown. Remove short rib meat and set aside to rest.
- Add potatoes, the saved jus from bag, coconut milk and bay leaf. Simmer until potatoes are semi- tender (al dente), about 10–12 minutes. Add short rib meat back to pot and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
No video selected.