Potato & Cheddar Frittata
Roasted seasoned red-skinned potatoes, yellow onion strips, and red and green bell peppers are sautéed lightly in sweet cream butter, then combined with cheddar cheese in a decadent and filling Italian-style omelet. Serve in wedges.
consumer insight, rationale:
- Perfect as an all-in-one breakfast or brunch menu item.
- Comfort foods are considered a perennial favorite according to 56% of chefs surveyed (2016 NRA What's Hot Chef Survey).
- Ethnic inspired breakfast items top Breakfast/Brunch trend list within the 2016 NRA What's Hot Chef Survey.
- Fifty-nine percent of chefs surveyed for the 2016 NRA What's Hot Chef Survey feel meatless/vegetarian items are a hot trend for 2016.
daypart: Breakfast; Lunch; Late Night
menu part: Salad/Small Plate, Entrée
- Silverbrook Butter (13618)
- Bountiful Harvest® Red Skin Diced (24276)
- SilverBrook® Scrambled Egg Mix (69170)
- Butter Sauce Base
- Shredded American Cheese, Yellow
- Dry Mustard
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add the redskins potatoes and cook until warm.
- Create a custard with scrambled egg mix, butter sauce base, shredded cheddar cheese, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the potatoes, top with cheese and bake.
- Serve in wedges.