Pork Shank Osso Bucco with Mushroom Farro & Brussels Sprouts
- 1 each Kurobuta Pork Shank
- 1 oz Veal Demi Glace
- 4 oz Crimini Mushrooms
- 3 oz Grano (Farro)
- 8 oz Chicken Stock
- 1 oz Heavy Cream
- 1/8 oz White Truffle Oil
- 4 oz Brussels Sprouts, Halved and Roasted
- 1/4 oz Truffled Balsamic Reduction
- Season and sear the pork shank and then braise at 300 degrees for 3-1/2 hours with 1 cup of water and 1 oz. of the demi glace.
- Saute mushrooms until caramelized then add the Grano and 1/3 of the chicken stock. Cook like risotto on low heat adding the stock 1/3 at a time. Finish with heavy cream and white truffle oil.
- Clean, halve and roast the brussels sprouts in whole butter in a cast-iron skillet in the oven at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes then finish with the truffled balsamic glaze.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 5 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2017
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Pork