Pomegranate Fennel Salmon Poke
- 1 lb HIDDEN BAY® Chilean Atlantic Salmon Poke Cubes
- 1 ea Whole Shallot, peeled, finely diced
- 1 ea Anise Fennel, bulb shaved very thin
- ½ C Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ C Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Lemon, zest & juice
- ¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil in tin
- ¼ C Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Coarse Salt
- ½ tsp White Pepper, Ground
- 4 oz Fried Potato Chips
- Thaw 1 pound of the salmon poke cube.
- Remove the stalks from the fresh fennel bulb and shave very thin on a mandolin, taking care to not include the core. Pick a few of the fennel fronds from the stalks and reserve for garnish later. Zest and juice lemon. Finely mince the shallot. Mix the shaved fennel, pomegranate arils, shallot, lime juice, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper together. Toss the salmon poke with the marinade.
- Fry the potato chips at 375ºF until golden brown and crispy.
- To serve, place the Salmon Poke in a small bowl or large plate. Garnish the top of the Poke with the fennel fronds reserved from earlier. Arrange the potato chips around the Poke on the platter/plate.
- Servings: 4-6
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood