Pickled Red Onion And Avocado Hummus
CHEF PAUL YOUNG | REINHART CORPORATE
- 10 ½ oz Garbanzo Bean (Chickpea)
- 1 ½ oz Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Tahini Paste
- 4 Tbsp Whole Garlic, Peeled
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cumin Seed
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Oil Olive
- 1 ½ oz Salt, Coarse Kosher
- 1 Tbsp Oil Olive
- 4 Ea Pita Bread
- 1/2 oz Red Onion, Jumbo, Sliced thin
- 2 oz Red WineVinegar
- 3/4 Tbsp Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 Ea Avocado, Diced
- In a food processor add 10 oz of the chickpeas, 1 Tbs minced garlic, lemon juice and tahini paste. Blend well. Add salt and cumin. With the food processor running add the extra virgin olive oil (reserve 1 Tbs). Blend until creamy and smooth. Add a Tbsp or two of water if needed.
- In a sauce pot, add together the vinegar, sugar and 2 oz of water. Bring to a boil and add the red onion. Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve the hummus in a bowl. Garnish with the pickled red onion and avocado. Serve with warm pita.
No video selected.