Pepper Jack Avocado Bites
These fried avocado bites are sure to delight with a slight spicy kick from pepper jack cheese and a crispy batter that crumbles in your mouth. Serve with choice of Ancho Aioli, Avocado Aioli or Avocado Ranch Dressing.
- 2 c Katy’s Kitchen® flour
- ¼ c cornmeal
- ½ oz Culinary Secrets® black pepper
- ½ tsp Culinary Secrets® thyme
- ½ tsp Culinary Secrets® paprika
- ½ tsp Culinary Secrets® garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Culinary Secrets® oregano
- 1 Tbsp Katy’s Kitchen® salt
Avocado Cheese Mixture
- ½ tsp Katy’s Kitchen® salt
- ¼ tsp Culinary Secrets® garlic powder
- 16 Good Roots Produce® fresh avocados, pitted and diced
- 3 c San Pablo® pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp Culinary Secrets® black pepper
- 2 c buttermilk
- Wisk together breading ingredients in a shallow container.
- Combine avocado cheese mixture in a separate bowl and form ¾” balls.
- Dip avocado cheese balls in buttermilk.
- Remove balls and without draining too much, transfer to breading mixture and press mixture gently into balls to coat.
- Fry at 350° F for 1 to 2 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Serve immediately with ramekins of Ancho Aioli, Avocado Aioli and/or Avocado Ranch.