Pecorino Cacio e Pepe
- 2 tsp Black Peppercorns
- ½ lb Spaghetti
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® Pecorino Romano, grated
- Toast peppercorns in a dry small skillet over moderately high heat, swirling skillet, until fragrant and peppercorns begin to jump, 2 to 3 minutes. Coarsely crush peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or wrap in a kitchen towel and press on peppercorns with bottom of a heavy skillet.
- Cook Villa Frizzoni spaghetti in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Fill a large glass or ceramic bowl with some hot water to warm bowl. Just before Villa Frizzoni spaghetti is finished cooking, drain bowl but do not dry.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta quickly in a colander (do not shake off excess water) and add to warm pasta bowl. Sprinkle Villa Frizzoni Grated Pecorino cheese and 3 tablespoons cooking water evenly over Villa Frizzoni spaghetti and toss quickly. If pasta seems dry, toss with some additional cooking water.
- Serve immediately with additional Villa Frizzoni grated Pecorino cheese on the side.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Takeout Recipes, The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Italian, Lunch