Peach & Endive Salad
Chef Paul Young | Reinhart Corporate
- 2 oz Peach, Sliced, Frozen
- 1/2 ea Endive, leaves trimmed
- 1/8 oz Arugula
- 1/8 ea Leek
- 1 tsp Goat Cheese, crumbled [optional]
- 1/8 ea Seedless English Cucumber, sliced thin
- 3 oz Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 ea Lime, juice & zest
- 1/4 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 oz Grape Tomato, sliced
- In a pot, boil the vinegar with 1/2 cup of water, sugar, and 3/4 of the salt. Let the mixture cool, add the cucumbers, and let sit for at least 4 hours. Remove the cucumbers and drain off excess liquid.
- Place the arugula, endive, tomato, leek, cucumbers and peaches on a plate. Whisk together the lime juice, zest and olive oil, and pour mixture over the top of the ingredients. Season with the remaining salt and add crumbled goat cheese [optional].