North African Beef Wrap
Chef Michael Boisseree | Reinhart Sales Consultant/Division Chef, Omaha, Neb.
- 2 oz grilled chermoula-marinated* flank steak
- Roasted tomatoes**
- Cucumber salad***
- Baby spinach, for garnish
- Harissa mayonnaise****
- 10 tortillas
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- Juice from one lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
Mix ingredients well. Store until use.
- 10 small tomatoes cut vertically into sixths
Place skin side down onto parchment-lined pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast at 425 F for 20 minutes until edges turn dark.
Peel 12 cucumbers and cut into batonnets. Thinly slice one red onion. Mix with two cups of shredded carrots. Toss with two cups of yogurt dressing.
- 1 cup harissa
- 2 cups mayonnaise
Blend well and chill until use.
- Cut flank steak into 4 oz portions and marinate overnight in chermoula marinade. When ready to use, grill steak over medium-high heat for two minutes, then flip and grill other side until medium rare. Rest for five minutes. Slice.
- While steak is resting, grill tortillas on broiler or flat top grill for 30 seconds to 45 seconds each side. Assemble ¼ ounce fresh spinach and three roasted tomato wedges. Shingle sliced beef over tomatoes. Drizzle with harissa mayonnaise. Top with cucumber salad.
- Fold tortilla and roll like a burrito, leaving one end open for presentation. Or roll completely like a burrito and slice in half on a bias. Serve with hummus and vegetables.