Mushroom Philly Sandwiches
A Philly without the steak? Thick slices of portabella mushroom tossed with onions and peppers topped with havarti cheese on a toasted Italian roll.
- 1 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® canola oil
- 1 ½ c (6 oz) Good Roots® portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ c Good Roots® green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 c (1/2 medium) Good Roots® yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 – 0.75 oz slices Cobblestreet Market® Havarti cheese
- 6 Brickfire Bakery® hoagie rolls
- In a large frying pan, heat canola oil over medium low heat.
- Add sliced portabellas, bell peppers, and onion and cook until soft, turning the mixture half-way through cooking.
- Split and toast the Hoagie rolls.
- Place 1/3 cup of mushroom, pepper, and onion mixture onto bottom half of each roll.
- Top with Havarti cheese.
- Place the topped Hoagie roll bottoms on a broiling pan and heat under a broiler for two to three minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with Hoagie roll top and serve.
- Servings: 6 sandwiches
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Sandwiches, Vegetarian