Chef Paul Young | Reinhart Corporate
- 10 oz Garbanzo Beans (Chickpea)
- 1 ½ oz Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Tahini Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Whole, Peeled
- ¾ tsp Ground Cumin Seed
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Oil Olive
- 1 ½ oz Salt, Coarse Kosher
- 5 oz Wild Mushroom Exotic Blend: Crimini, Shiitake, Oyster
- 1 Tbsp Oil Olive
- 1 ½ Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Ea Parsley, Finely chopped
- 4 Ea Pita Bread
- In a food processor add the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and tahini paste. Blend well. Add the salt and cumin. With the food processor running add the extra virgin olive oil (reserve 1 Tbs). Blend until creamy and smooth. Add a Tbsp or two of water if needed. Meanwhile in a hot saute pan add the blended oil. Saute mushrooms until caramelized and add the balsamic vinegar. Cook until the balsamic vinegar is absorbed into the mushrooms. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve the hummus in a bowl. Top off with the mushrooms, remaining olive oil and chopped parsley. Serve with warm pita.
No video selected.