Momma Q's Cheese Ball
Chef David Quick | Reinhart Knoxville
- 1 lb mild yellow cheddar
- ¼ ea cream cheese
- 1 oz fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 1 oz whole peeled shallot, diced super fine
- ¼ C heavy-duty mayonnaise
- 2 C medium raw pecan pieces
- 2 ea soft frozen Bavarian pretzel
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Using a mixer like a Kitchen Aid, add the paddle attachment. In the mixing bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar, shallot and 1 tablespoon of the chive. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Blend until creamy.
- Take ingredients out of the mixing bowl and scrape onto clear film wrap, cover in pecan pieces and mold into a ball. Refrigerate for 2 hours. It is now ready to serve with your favorite dips. You can also try adding your favorite light lager or a dark ale for a more festive appetizer.