Mexican-style Spicy Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 lb 26/30 ct/lb Raw, Peeled, Deveined, Tail-on Shrimp
- 1 med Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 ea Lime, juiced
- 2 ea Tomatoes, diced
- 1 ea Celery Stalk, diced
- 1 ea Jalapeño Pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1 1/2 C Chilled Tomato and Clam Juice Cocktail
- 1 C Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 2 ea Avocados, peeled and diced
- TT Salt and Pepper
- Saltine Crackers or Tortilla Chips
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from the boiling water and place into an ice water bath until they are cool. Drain well.
- Combine the diced onion and the lime juice, let sit at least 10 minutes to soften. While the onion is marinating, toss together the shrimp, tomatoes, celery, jalapeño, and cilantro in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the tomato and clam juice cocktail, ketchup, and hot sauce. Stir into the shrimp mixture. Lastly, add the onions, diced avocado into the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let the shrimp cocktail chill for 1 hour before serving with saltine crackers or tortilla chips.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Mexican, Seafood