Mexican Grilled Cheese
Chef Lou Rice, Springfield Division
- 8 slices jalapeño cornbread
- 4 oz chihuahua cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Caribe cheese, sliced
- 4 oz Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- 1 oz pickled jalapeño, diced
- 4 oz fire-roasted tomato salsa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- Mix cumin with butter. Lay out slices of cornbread and butter top of each slice. Combine all cheeses in a bowl and mix. Turn over four slices of bread and top with equal amounts of cheese. Sprinkle diced jalapeño and fire-roasted salsa on top of cheese. Place top slice of buttered bread side up on sandwich and place on pre-heated griddle. Cook on both sides until sandwich is golden brown on both sides and cheese has fully melted.
No video selected.