Menemen (Turkish Scrambled Eggs)
Chef Jeff Merry | Boston Division
- 8 oz Whole Peeled Italian San Tomato Marzano Style with Basil, Blended in Food Processor
- 1½ oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 oz Smoked Paprika, Ground
- 3 oz Medium Red Onion, Diced
- 4 oz Shishito Pepper, Diced
- 4 Each Large Egg, Scrambled
- 1/8 oz Fresh Chives, Chopped for Garnish
- On low, heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Add onion, paprika and chopped peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions and peppers are soft. Add tomato and continue to cook for about 6 minute to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Take 4 ounces of the sauce and place in another sauce pan. Heat, then add scrambled eggs. Once eggs are set, remove and combine with remains sauce. Plate, garnish with chopped chive and serve with grilled bread.
No video selected.