Mediterranean Blended Burger
Recipe Provided by The Mushroom Council
Did you know that substituting mushrooms for just 1/4 of a recipe’s beef content reduces calories, fat and sodium by about a third, while adding an extra serving of nutrients to the plate.
- 1/2 lb Crimini or White Button Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Buns
- Finely dice mushrooms or gently pulse in food processor. In skillet, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat and add mushrooms, sautéing 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes. Transfer cooled mushrooms to medium bowl. Add ground beef and salt, mixing until combined. Make 4 patties. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan and cook burger patties on medium-high heat until desired doneness. Plate and add desired toppings to bun.
- Topping recommendations: feta cheese, romesco sauce, sweet peppers and sautéed red onions.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 5 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2017
- Tags: Beef, Dinner, Lunch