Mahi Mahi with Black Beans
Protein- and fiber-packed, this fish and bean dish works year-round.
- 1⁄2 C olive oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 Cloves peeled garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 C Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, toasted
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 C dried black beans, rinsed and soaked
- 4 C fish stock
- 4/6-ounce pieces Hidden Bay® Mahi Mahi, defrosted
- 4 C long-grain rice, steamed
- 1⁄4 C low fat sour cream
- 1 C Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large stock pot; add onion and cook over medium-high heat until soft and translucent. Add garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper and cook for two more minutes. Add black beans and stock and simmer until beans are tender and stock has reduced.
- Coat mahi mahi with remaining two tablespoons of oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook on a grill or skillet until browned on each side (approximately two to three minutes per side).
- To serve, fill serving bowl with one cup of rice. Top with equal portion of black beans, mahi mahi, sour cream, and tomatoes. Garnish with fresh cilantro.