Machaca Con Huevo
(Machaca with Eggs)
Chef Lou Rice, Springfield Division
Shredded beef with scrambled eggs, tomatoes and onions; great for breakfast and a terrific way to use leftover roast and brisket.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil or lard
- ½ cup onion, small diced
- ½ cup poblano peppers, small diced
- 3 cup shredded cooked brisket
- 3 Roma tomatoes, rough chopped
- ½ cup fire-roasted salsa
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Mexican melting cheese (like Chihuahua)
- 8 ea eight-inch flour tortillas
- Condiments: salsa, lime wedge and sliced jalapenos
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and peppers in oil until they soften. Stir in tomato, salsa and brisket and cook for another 2 minutes to 3 minutes. Add beaten eggs and cook for 2 minutes to 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Plate and top with some of the cheese. Serve warm flour tortillas on the side, a slice of lime, sliced jalapenos and additional salsa.