Lobster Tempura Corn Dog
with Dynamite Dipping Sauce
FOR THE BATTER:
- ¾ C all-purpose flour
- ½ C cornstarch
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 1 C ice-cold water
- (adjust water if thinner batter desired)
- 8 oz Bahamian Lobster Tail
- ¼ C Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 E Juice of 1 Fresh lime and zest
- 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped mint and parsley
- Put all the dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt) for the batter in a bowl and whisk.
- Gradually add water as you whisk. Try not to over whisk.
- Split the lobster tails in half lengthwise. Gently pull lobster meat from shell, skewer half of tail lengthwise onto a bamboo skewer.
- Dip Lobster into batter and deep fry at 350°F for 2-3 minutes and drain onto paper towels.
- Plate 2 skewers and top with sauce or as a dipping sauce on the side.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 5 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2017
- Tags: Appetizer, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood