- 3 C lentils
- 1/4 C diced onions
- 3 Tbsp chicken base
- 3 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 C EVOO
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 Ea bay leaves
- 1/2 gal water
- 1/2 oz sliced green onions (whites, green scallions separated)
- 1 Ea large red pepper (diced)
- 1 Ea medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 Ea sweet potato (diced) (peeled, boiled al dente)
- 1/4 lb baby spinach
- In medium size saucepan, on medium heat, add 1/4 cup of EVOO, add onions, simmer for two minutes, add garlic, simmer additional 1 min, add lentils, chicken base and cumin, simmer and stir 1 min until lentils are well coated. Add water, bay leaf, and black pepper, stir until all ingredients are blended, simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender (but not soft/overcooked).
- Pour lentils out onto 1/2 sheet pan, allow to cool.
- In large sauté pan on medium heat, add remaining EVOO, add white ends of sliced green onions, red peppers, sweet potatoes and zucchini. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, add spinach, sautéing additional 1-2 minutes folding all ingredients together. Add lentils and continue to heat 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions. Enjoy!