Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Chef Brian Funk, Divisional Chef, Shawano-Marquette
- 8 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 oz beet sugar, granulated and extra fine
- 1/3 oz baking soda
- 1/8 oz kosher salt, coarse
- 8 oz milk, 1%
- 6 oz ricotta cheese, skim
- 3 ea large white eggs
- 1/8 oz vanilla extract, pure
- 1/8 ea lemon
- 2 1/8 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz butter
Old Fashioned Maple Syrup (makes 33 servings)
- 128 oz maple syrup pancake
- 1 ea orange, navel or Valencia
- 8 oz extra-large maraschino cherries
- Make a well in center of flour mixture and set aside. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour one-third cup batter onto buttered griddle or skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on surface and bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook opposite side until golden brown. Ladle Old Fashioned syrup on top of pancakes and serve.
Old Fashioned Maple Syrup
- Place one gallon of maple syrup in stock pot. Cut orange in quarters and add to pot. Fill one cup up with cherries (juice and stems are OK). Place in stock pot. Simmer ingredients on medium, take whisk and break down orange and cherries. Simmer for 20 minutes to infuse. Strain and cool.
No video selected.