Latin Caprese Sandwich
This vegetarian sandwich does not sacrifice on taste. Avocado, tomato, queso fresco and cilantro are sandwiched between a crispy ciabatta roll that is smeared with chipotle cream cheese. The sandwich is topped off with crushed red pepper and paired with a lime wedge to achieve the perfect flavor balance. Add bacon, turkey or chicken for the carnivorous consumer.
- 8 oz Cobblestreet Market/Fair Meadow® cream cheese, softened
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half and toasted
- 2 Good Roots Produce® fresh avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 Good Roots Produce® fresh tomato, sliced
- 5 oz queso fresco cheese, sliced
- ¼ c Good Roots Produce® cilantro leaves
- ½ tsp Culinary Secrets® crushed red pepper
- 1 fresh lime, cut into 4 wedges
In a medium mixing bowl, blend chipotle peppers in adobo with cream cheese.
- Spread chipotle cream cheese inside ciabatta rolls.
- Top bottom half of each roll with avocado, tomato, cheese, cilantro and crushed red pepper.
- Cover with top half of each
- Servings: 4 sandwiches
- Type: Lunch, Dinner
- Categories: Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Sandwiches, Vegetarian