Land & Sea Salad
Chef David Quick | Reinhart Knoxville
- 4 oz Eagle Ridge tenderloin
- 6 oz Hidden Bay Bahamas lobster tail
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 C Flour
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 Onion
- Caesar salad (see below)
- Parmesan cheese
Caeser Salad Dressing
- 6 cloves Garlic, mashed and minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 C Olive Oil
- Lemon juice, for seasoning
- Minced anchovy fillets, optional
- Beef Tenderloin: Prepare a grill or a stovetop grill pan with a medium-high heat fire. Brush meat lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place tenderloin on the grill and cook, without moving, until nice grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Turn the tenderloin and continue to grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted registers about 130 degrees F, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Set aside on a cutting board to rest before slicing.
- Fried Lobster Bites: Pre-heat oil to 350°F. Split your Lobster tail length wise and chop into 1 inch thick pieces. Season the lobster pieces with Zatarain's creole seasoning. Stir together 1 cup of flour, garlic powder, onion, salt and pepper. Dredge the lobster in the seasoned flour. Fry the lobster until cooked through.
- Caeser Salad Dressing: Combine the garlic, mustard, vinegar and two pinches of salt in a blender and mix thoroughly. Add the mayonnaise and blend together to form a thick base. In a slow stream add the olive oil through the hole in lid.
- Scrape the dressing with spatula into a bowl and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. If desired, add some anchovy to the dressing to create a deeper, saltier taste.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, dressing and croutons. Top with freshly grated Parmesan. Toss gently to combine well.
No video selected.