Chef David quick | Reinhart Knoxville
- 4 oz Pasta Penne Rigate Ridged, Cooked and Portioned
Lamb Ragu Sauce
- 2 oz Oil Olive Extra Virgin
- 8 oz Onion Yellow Medium Fresh, small dice
- 6 oz Garlic Whole Peeled, minced
- 6 oz Shallot Whole Peeled Fresh, mince
- 2 lbs Lamb Ground Bulk Frozen
- 1 lb Butternut Squash Diced 1" Fresh
- 1/2 oz Oregano Ground
- 1/4 oz Thyme Leaves Whole
- 102 oz Tomato Ground Unpeeled Pear
- 1/4 oz Mint Fresh
- Gather all items in one area.
- In large stock pot over medium heat place and allow to heat.
- Add all aromatics (onion, shallot, garlic) and sweat. Add ground lamb and continue until browning. Add in butternut squash and stir.
- Add dry seasoning and Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slightly pulse can tomatoes until just chunky. when desired consistency is achieved pour into pot, and stir to combine. Allow this mixture to simmer over medium low heat until squash is tender. Pull of heat and place in cooling container, Place finely chiffonade mint in last and stir in.
- To Order: In Saute pan, put ladle of Ragu sauce and heat through. Add in portioned noodles and toss to coat. Place in rimmed pasta bowl, and top with shave Parmesan cheese. Parsley to taste.