Korean Catfish Tacos with Gochujang Sriracha Sauce
Korean Catfish Tacos
- 6 3/5 oz. catfish fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- cabbage, shredded
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- flour tortillas
Gochujang Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup gochujang (Korean chile) paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- To make the gochujang sriracha sauce, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
- Mix the cabbage with sour cream until it’s lightly coated. Set aside.
- For the catfish, heat a greased, nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Season the catfish on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. When skillet Is heated, add the catfish fillets and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish from pan and cut up roughly with two forks.
- Place the tortillas on the skillet to warm and lightly toast them.
- To assemble tacos, top the tortillas with shredded cabbage mixture and catfish. Drizzle with the gochujang sriracha sauce, and garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.