Korean BBQ Burger with Kimchi
- 2 oz thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 oz rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp each salt and granulated sugar
- ½ oz ketchup
- ½ oz gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 0.1 oz minced fresh ginger
- 0.1 oz (1/2 tsp) minced garlic
- 1/2 lb chuck brisket, ground
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 ciabatta bun or roll
- 0.3 oz mixed greens
- 2 oz kimchi
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Quick Pickled Cucumber: Toss together cucumber, rice wine vinegar, salt and sugar. Let stand for at least 1 hour or refrigerate overnight; drain well.
- Korean BBQ Sauce: Stir together ketchup, gochujang, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic until blended.
- Burger: Season brisket with salt and pepper; shape into burger patty.
- Cook burger on preheated medium-high grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until grill-marked and cooked through, brushing with 1 tbsp BBQ sauce in the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Meanwhile, grill bun for 30 to 60 seconds or until toasted. To serve, assemble burger, remaining BBQ sauce, pickled cucumber, greens, kimchi and sesame seeds in bun.
Tip: Garnish with avocado slices if desired.