King Crab Ceviche
Chef Mark Smith | Reinhart Shreveport
- 2 oz king crab meat, cooked
- 1 Ea Hass avocado
- 2 oz cilantro
- 2 oz shishito chili pepper, roasted and diced
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 tsp blood orange olive oil
- 4 oz sweet potatoes
- 1 oz medium red onion, sliced and pickled
- Clean and peel 1 sweet potato. Use vegetable peeler to create long slices of “hay” flash fry until bright orange and crispy. Drain. Season with powdered sriracha.
- Carefully remove king crab meat and portion out 2 ounces of large chunks. Portion out jumbo lump crab as well.
- Thinly slice red onions and pickle. Put into a pint-sized mason jar. In a small saucepan, stir together vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Pour mixture over onions in jar until full. Seal. Chill. Then dice. Roast and char shishitos. Dice. Portion. Finely chop cilantro, stems and all. The stems contain extra moisture but will give texture.
- Now gently fold all ingredients in carefully and do not break the crab. Portion and gently fill the martini glass. Serve hay on top. Drizzle with blood orange oil and salt.
No video selected.